The Georgetown Entrepreneurship Alliance (GEA) invites alumni from across the globe to the Annual Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards Celebration to be held on Thursday, September 20 in Washington, D.C. Commemorating the second annual presentation of the Excellence Awards and the sixth annual presentation of the Entrepreneur of the Year Award, the awards will be presented at WeWork White House prior to the beginning of Homecoming Weekend. WeWork White House is home to the brand new Georgetown Venture Lab, a space for budding student and alumni "Hoyapreneurs" made possible through a generous gift from Ted Leonsis (C'77) and his family. Since its founding in 2012, the GEA has cultivated a spirit of entrepreneurial excellence among the alumni community through ongoing networking eevnts, professional development opportunities, and collaborative initiatives with student groups. Join us for an awards ceremony and celebratory reception, with performances by the Chimes and an appeareance from Jack the Bulldog, to recognize the achievements of six outstanding members of the Hoya entrepreneur community who embody the spirit of women and men for others and who exemplify a passion for innovation and creativity.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Doug Bouton (C'07), President & COO, Halo Top Creamery
- Best of Hospitality: Jake DeCicco (B'16), Co-Founder & COO, SUNNIVA Super Coffee
- Best of Retail: Monica Ferguson (B'00), Co-Founder & CEO, Solemates
- Best of Social Impact: Lynn Margherio (C'88), Founder & CEO, Cradles to Crayons
- Best of Technology: Luke Schoenfelder (C'12), Founder & CEO, Latch
- Rising Star: Luisa Santos (C'14), Founder, Lulu's Ice Cream